Over 80 innovation leaders from over 65 different companies across the globe attended the NineSigma Innovation Leadership Summit 2014 in NineSigma's hometown of Cleveland, OH. Attendees were able to network and learn through a series of events, interactive sessions and thought-provoking presentations. Sessions to provide both the solution seeker and solution provider perspectives were well received by all and lead to exciting conversations throughout the Summit.
NineSigma's collection of white papers and reports are created to educate and further the collective thinking on open innovation. In addition, the reports provide actual data and findings from the innovation marketplace.
A wonderful addition to our Summit this year was the inclusion of a video booth where we asked leaders in their field for their insights on innovation. Watch the videos below for a chance to get the answers to your innovation questions. There might be a tip or two that could help you with your next big Open Innovation project.
And just for fun - see how these thought leaders answered
"If Innovation were an animal, what animal would it be?"
OI CHAMPION AWARD WINNERS
Once again, we awarded the best of the best in innovation with our OI Champions Awards. We were proud to present awards to the following individuals:
- Michele Garnier, Innovation Business Manager, SanofiPasteur S.A.
- Alan Gilbert, Director, Global Government and NGO Strategy, Healthymagination, GE
- Sangwook (Shaun) Lee, Vice President, Technology Strategy Team, Samsung Display
- Yuji Ozeki, Deputy General Manager, R&D Planning Department, Toray Industries
- Tomislav Smolić, Executive Director Research & Development, Agrokor
- David Zhang, Product Development Open Innovation Leader, Genentech
Ignite Innovation Award Honoree:
- Kirk Andries, Managing Director, Climate Change and Emissions Management (CCEMC) Corporation
The Solution Provider's Perspective on Open Innovation Partnerships
A NineSigma Expert Panel
Open Innovation Insights: The Solution Provider's Perspective on Open Innovation Partnerships
LISTEN TO WHAT OUR ATTENDEES HAD TO SAY
"[A major benefit was the] Networking and re-imagining the way innovation is done. It's not just brainstorming sessions."
- Ronald Roth, Parker Hannefin
"Networking! Great opportunity to meet others focused on OI."
- Heidi Grenek, Xerox
"Really impressed! [A great benefit was] seeing the evolution of open innovation among a variety of enterprises."
-Jayson Pankin, AutoHarvest Foundation
"High quality participants and networking opportunities."
- Cindy Conner, Battelle