Technology SearchFind Solutions
Overview of Technology Search
NineSigma's Technology Search can help clients identify the technology or the experts needed to resolve their project needs. This scalable process incorporates NineSigma’s unique approach to needs articulation by defining the need in a way that makes it relevant to innovators in other industries and technical areas, resulting in a well-defined RFP document. This document is then broadcast to specific targets globally that have been identified through NineSigma’s research. Finally, the NineSigma Program Manager manages all inquiries and responses, provides guidance on evaluating proposals and can provide initial introductions.
We have introduced a variety people who have the technology that may be a possible avenue to pursue a solution.
Profile of Solution Providers
Consultant-guided proposal of the best search method
Our experienced consultants write a concise, appealing brief, which is essential in solution seeking, to make it clear to potential partners what the client is looking for. This enables the collection of detailed technology information and solutions that meet the client’s needs while maintaining anonymity.
NineSigma has targeted over 2 million potential partners globally to help our clients address and solve technical challenges, and our community continues to grow
Through NineSigma’s proprietary search system to identify potential partners around the world, clients have access to a global network of researchers and other professionals from different areas and sectors, including SMEs and startup companies.
Proposals that address the client’s problems
We provide clients with our views on the current characteristics, performance, applicability, and potential of the sought technology, analyze the customer needs from different angles, and offer useful, customized information.
We can perform an anonymous custom search for strategic needs, to enable big ideas from our global network.
Project flow: approximately two to three months in total
STEP_1Prepare an open request and identify potential researchers and other professionals (three to four weeks)
- We prepare a concise open request that can attract potential solution providers based on the client’s technology issues. We also identify potential researchers and other professionals from around the world that meet the client’s needs, using NineSigma’s proprietary database.
STEP_2Release an open request for proposal, and communicate with respondents (about five weeks)
- We inform selected researchers and other professionals, as well as their hub organizations, of an open request for proposal, and seek their responses. Communication with respondents is conducted by NineSigma, on behalf of the client.
STEP_3Submit proposals and a summary, propose additional questions (four to six weeks)
- All of the received proposals and a summary prepared by NineSigma are handed to the client. If the client wishes to ask respondents additional questions, NineSigma will communicate with them on the client’s behalf.
STEP_4Complete the project
- If the client wishes to contact the potential partner directly, we can introduce the client to the potential partner to complete the project. We also provide support for future collaboration and negotiation via e-mail and phone.
- We received various technological proposals for unexpected business areas. The proposals included one from an overseas pioneer researcher. We highly evaluate NineSigma’s program.
- This program enabled us to successfully identify potential partners and broaden the range of R&D options.
- We were able to obtain much more information much faster with NineSigma than by ourselves. This program not only allowed us to reduce search time, but also gave us output that we could have never produced even if we had spent a lot of time.
- A variety of proposals collected from around the world helped us learn about current technology trends and benchmarks in the relevant field.